Losing a tooth can significantly disturb your quality of life, creating some difficulty in everyday activities like eating and speaking. Although modern dental restorative procedures have resulted in a considerable reduction in the number of teeth extracted each year, many people still have one or more missing natural teeth in their mouth. According to an estimate, about 70% of American people aged 35-44 have lost at least one of their natural teeth. If you are one of them and looking for a permanent and lifelong replacement option for a missing tooth, then dental implants should be your first choice!
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a fixture that is embedded within the jaw bone and replaces natural teeth by supporting a prosthesis, such as a crown or removable or fixed denture. After the placement of dental implants, bone formation occurs in the surroundings of the implant, resulting in firm anchorage and stability of the artificial tooth.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The success and excellent durability of dental implants is dependent upon their ability to form direct contact with the surrounding jaw bone. This process is known as osseointegration and ensures that any prosthesis that is placed over the implant remains retained and stable, thereby restoring optimal functioning of the artificial tooth.
Who Should Get an Implant?
In general, any person who has one or more missing natural teeth is a candidate for an implant. You should consider getting an implant if:
• You want a long term and durable replacement for your missing natural teeth.
• You want to restore your facial esthetics by getting your missing teeth replaced.
• You want to eat and speak without any difficulty.
• You want to get rid of your inconvenient and uncomfortable dentures.
Why Are Implants Better Than Other Dental Prosthetics? имедиатни зъбни импланти
Dental implants are gaining widespread popularity as the most convenient and durable replacement option for missing teeth. Let’s have a look why you might prefer them over other tooth replacement options, such as dentures and bridges:
• Enjoy a Beautiful Smile – Loss of a tooth can ruin your smile and facial esthetics. Esthetically pleasing dental prosthesis can be placed over the implants, thereby restoring your beautiful smile and charming appearance.